Yogurt contains probiotic cultures that can prevent mercury in fish from being absorbed in your digestive tracts. What a better way to protect yourself from mercury in fish than to eat your fish with yogurt? Check out this delicious Yogurt-base Tartar Sauce, you’ll never want to buy Tartar sauce ever again.
- ½ cup plain Yogurt (Greek yogurt tend to be thicker, perfect for this purpose)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp pickled Capers
- 2 tsp raw Honey
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley (garnish)
- Dissolve honey in lemon juice. Lemon juice will liquefy the honey, just keep stirring.
- Add mustard into the honey-lemon mix.
- Finely chop capers.
- Mix the capers, mustard-honey-lemon into the plain yogurt. Stir to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Apply on your fish dish. Garnish with chopped parsley. You’re done!
This is a very versatile condiment and with some adjustments it can be used in variety of dishes. Make sure you taste the plain yogurt first to get a feel how sour as it is, adjust the lemon juice amount accordingly.
- As prawn cocktail dipping sauce. Use half yogurt, half tomato paste as the base and add a little bit of chili sauce.
- Crackers dip. Use half yogurt and half mashed avocado, add some olive oil, finely chopped parsley, add more salt, pepper.
- Salad dressings. Add olive oil, finely chopped parsley, extra salt, pepper, and lemon.
- Baked potato sauce. Add more mustard, salt, pepper and finely chopped parsley.
Other Condiment Recipes:
Garlic has an excellent anti-microbial and anti-fungal property. However, it will lose most of its medicinal property when cooked. This sauce is a delicious way to eat garlic raw.
Sugar free and homemade version of the world’s most popular condiment. You can now enjoy your favourite food with tomato sauce again without guilt.