A warming soup very popular dish in Indonesia. This is a hearty and delicious soup recipe you will never forget.
- 1 kg Oxtail
- 1 large Carrot, chopped
- 1 cups Radish, chopped.
- 1 large Tomato, wedged
- ½ Red onion, thin strips.
- 1 stick Shallots, chopped. (garnish)
Soup and Spices:
- 1.5 lt Beef stock
- 1 thumb Ginger, sliced.
- 1 quill Cinnamon, whole.
- ½ tsp Nutmeg powder.
- 5 Cloves, whole.
- Salt, Pepper to taste.
- Combine all the soup and spices ingredients in a large pot. Bring a boil and turn down the heat to simmer. Add Oxtail and simmer for 20 mins. Note: Skip this step if oxtail is already cooked as part of meat stock making process.
- Add Carrots into the pot and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add Radish, Tomato and Onion into the pot, season with salt and pepper, turn the heat off and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Discard the whole spices. Garnish and serve in a bowl.
Other South-East Asian Recipes:
Chicken Soto is a popular Indonesian chicken soup street food. Its flavourful soup cooked in South-East Asian spices guarantee to make you come back for more.
A traditional Indonesian dish cooked with South-East Asian spices, incredibly flavorful dish. An Indonesian traditional soup, consisting of broth with vegetables and tenderized meat.